To be blunt, I really hate having to pick bloggers for these awards. There are so many great blogs and most are better than the drivel I have here. Personally, I think whoever created the award should be the one to give it out and let it stop there. However, I accepted the award and believe in abiding by the terms. Without further delay, here are five folks I consider to be versatile in their blogging.
- Dawn at Just~One~Life
- Kerry at Chaplain to the Outdoorsmen
- Nancy at A Rural Journal
- Emily at Scent Free Lip Gloss
- LJ at Hunt Like You're Hungry
Each of those bloggers is very good at what they do. If you already follow one or more of them, you know what I mean. If there are some blogs in that list you haven't visited before, I'm going to let you find out for yourself what makes those folks not only good, but versatile. While I might not like having to pick a certain number of people out of so many great ones, it doesn't mean I take it lightly. Each of the bloggers in that list is very deserving.
Now for the part I truly hate - the seven "things about me". I used up all the good ones for the last award I got. Oh, well.
- My best friend and I have been best friends for over 25 years.
- I nearly sat on a rattlesnake in the middle of the night in the Texas scrub brush (don't ask).
- My worst subject in high school and college was math - despised it.
- There are very few foods I don't like - sauerkraut is one of them. Brussels sprout is another.
- I visited the DMZ and had the opportunity to stand face-to-face with North Korean soldiers.
- Two of my biggest pet peeves are rudeness and just plain stupidity.
- I have never had a broken bone or a sprain of any kind, although I did split my forehead wide open as a kid (explains some things).
Now on to a couple of other quick items. My friend, Mel, has closed his Blogger blog "Blog Cabin Angler" and moved everything to his new blog called Ass Backwards Angler which is on WordPress. If you were following him and missed his announcements, you can find him there at the new place.
I am slowly getting back to normal and hope to be posting "semi-regularly" again. Time is my biggest enemy as it is for many people. In order to maximize my time when writing and when visiting other blogs, I have decided the best way is to visit those folks who have been kind enough to visit and comment here regularly. Before I got tied up with the move, I was visiting quite a few blogs. A very small number of those have owners who have never reciprocated. When my time is limited, those are the blogs I will be skipping. It's the best way I know to make sure I have the opportunity to visit the blogs of the people I interact with the most.
Several of the comments on my last post about being happy with less were lost during Blogger's outage or maintenance. I don't know if they'll be restored, but I wanted to let those folks know I did read them before they disappeared and I appreciate the feedback.
I want to thank TexWisGirl again for the award! She's been very kind to me. Be sure to visit the blogs I listed. They are all high caliber and more deserving than mine. At least they post something more than once or twice a month. *laughing*