Friday, October 21, 2011

Kentucky Color

The fall color seems to be occurring in stages with some trees still green, others in color, and the rest devoid of leaves already. It has been difficult to find large areas full of color at the same time. I was hoping for larger scenics, but it has been mostly individual trees. Many of the leaves developed spots before completely turning. I'm not a dendrologist or a botanist, but I wonder if it's some kind of fungus because of the rain we've had this year. Or maybe it's normal and I just haven't noticed before now.















9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

still lots more color than Texas will see (especially this year). love those maples!

Samantha said...

You all had more color than we did!

Reena said...

Those colors are awesome .. a lot more than what we are having here.

Betty Manousos said...

what a spectacular!!

love all of these stunning fall photos!
thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Brian, great color shots as usual. Thanks for sharing Kentucky!

Joe said...

I've noticed the spots this year also. I don't think that's normal but don't know the cause either.

Nancy said...

Beautiful and I love the variety. Gorgeous fall color. :)

darlin said...

Wow, color in your world still! The shots are beautiful and make me miss our short lived fall season already. Spring is on the horizon though and we're experiencing one of the mildest winters I can ever remember... but shhhh I don't want to jinx it! lol

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am in Kentucky and haven't seen a leaf on a tree in awhile. It's funny how different this state can be.