Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Magnum Work Pro Ultra Boots Review




I was thinking about how I wanted to write this review for Magnum's Work Pro Ultra boots and I decided just to keep it simple and to the point. I'll skip most of the technical stuff because you can find that on Magnum's website. What I will do is give you the meat and potatoes - my straight up impression of the boots. First, though, I need to take care of a little business just like I did when I reviewed the Work Horse boots. I am a field tester for Magnum. They sent me the Work Pro Ultra's for wear testing. I am not employed by Magnum. They have not seen this review until now and did nothing to influence it in any form. This review is my opinion and mine alone. I like to be clear up front about how I acquired the boots. This concludes the business.


Now, on to the good stuff. I have been wearing the Work Pro Ultra's since the beginning of the year. Yes, I know that seems like a long time to test something. I'm not one to wear the boots around the house for a week and call 'em good. Many times issues don't start to arise until you've used something for a while. In reality, I could have written this review a few months ago and had the same conclusion. I'm probably the slowest field tester Magnum has in terms of coming out with my formal review.




Technical
I'm going to hit the highlights here. The boots have a leather upper, carbon rubber outsole, ATSM approved composite safety toe, and Ion-mask technology. They are waterproof (more on that in a bit) and electrical hazard resistant. The boots have other technical features you can read about on Magnum's website.


Quality and Craftsmanship
Out-of-the-box the boots had no manufacturing issues. There was nothing about them that would cause me to send them back. After all of my wear testing, there are still no problems. The stitching is excellent, the soles show no signs of wear, and the leather has held up wonderfully. I can't find anything worn, torn, or wrong with them. I haven't used any kind of dressing on the leather. If they get muddy, I simply wash them off with water and that's it.




As you can see in the above photo, the Work Pro Ultra's are a pull-on style boot. The straps are heavy duty and can be manipulated even while wearing gloves. The boots are very easy to get on and off and the soles provide excellent traction. 



Comfort and Fit
Like other Magnum boots I have worn, the Work Pro Ultra's are very comfortable. There was zero break-in time with these boots. The first time I wore them felt like the hundredth time. They fit me perfectly - not too tight and not too sloppy. I wear a size 11 and I have found Magnum's fit to be dead on with every pair of their boots I've worn. I haven't experienced any hot spots or discomfort anywhere on my feet. Last week I worked a horse competition and was on my feet in the arena for 10 hours a day. My feet were happy at the end of each day.





Waterproofing
Today's waterproofing on most footwear is good. There was a time when that wasn't the case. Even so, I like to test the waterproof capabilities of my boots. When I'm hunting or working, I want to know my boots will keep me dry. When I tested the Work Horse boots last year, I stood in a cold creek to check the waterproofing. I didn't have a creek handy this time so I improvised and put the Work Pro Ultra's in the bathtub. I filled it with enough water to cover the top of the foot and left them in there for 30 minutes. When I went back and checked them, they were bone dry. There wasn't a trace of water inside.




Conclusion
To say I'm impressed and pleased with these boots would be stating it mildly. They have performed exactly as intended without fail. If you work in construction, with heavy equipment, landscaping, on a ranch, a farm, at the hunting cabin, your own yard, or you have to be in dirty, dusty, muddy, wet, or nasty conditions, you should give serious consideration to the Work Pro Ultra's. They are comfortable, durable, and will keep your feet dry. If you've read any of the other reviews on my blog, you know I won't recommend inferior products no matter who makes them. Magnum makes superior products and if they didn't, I wouldn't agree to be a field tester.




To find out more about Magnum and their products, just click on the links below. They have top notch customer service and an excellent PR team. They love to interact with people and will be happy to answer any questions you have or resolve any issues you may have. Magnum's team is very active on Facebook and Twitter and I encourage you to visit them. They also have a very nice blog called BLDG4801 where you can get lots of inside information.


Magnum Boots USA Website
Magnum Boots on Facebook
Magnum Boots on Twitter
Magnum Boots on YouTube

66 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice looking boots, and once again, a great review. i'll abstain from this one, though!

TexWisGirl said...

well, everyone's being shy about joining in on this contest, so WTH. i was trying to be nice since i've won once before, but here's my tagline:

Magnum Work Pro Ultra: The straight-up, no-nonsense, meat-and-potatoes boot.

sue me for plagiarism. :)

Adam Wade said...

The only work boot that doesn't have to look like one to be one. Magnum.

The Four Season Angler said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra - "Professional grade durability with weekend warrior comfort."

Billy Junior said...

"You'll wear out before they do."

It's certainly been the case for me. Thanks for having this contest!

Sherry said...

These boots are made for working

Katie said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra: The boot that gets the job done for you.

My husband would wear these boots DAILY in long days in our lumberyard and general contracting business in North Dakota. I also have a 14 year old son wearing a size 14 that needs a pair! Plus ND is booming in the energy and ag industries. I can think of at least a dozen people that need these boots!

Thanks for this giveaway.
Katie
http://pinkepost.com

xmx said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra: The only boot tough enough to keep up with you.

Jill said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra: The boot that gets all the jobs done.

Ryanoutloud said...

Slogan #1:
Work, Play, Rest, Repeat. Magnum.

Slogan #2:
You may be at work, but your feet are on vacation. Magnum.

Ryan
TheBirdySportsman.com

Christine said...

Great boots, my husband would love a pair.

Here are some slogan ideas.

Slogan #1: Magnum Work Pro Ultra: Gets the job done.
Slogan #2: Magnum Work Pro Ultra: Works hard, plays hard.
Slogan #3: Magnum Work Pro Ultra: Because they work as hard as you do.
Slogan #4: Magnum Work Pro Ultra: Built to last.
Slogan #5: Magnum Work Pro Ultra: A step above the rest.
Slogan #6: Magnum Work Pro Ultra: Job well done.

Thanks for the contest
Christine

Anonymous said...

Ok, let's see if any of these stick.

#1 Magnum, kick a hole in something.

#2 Laces just get blood and mud caked in them, so we skipped 'em.

#3 The .357 of boots

I'm spent. -JGR. The JGR Dispatch

irving said...

Made on Earth. Designed and built to take on any planet.

DonTapouT said...

Magnum Boots: The cure for underwhelming masculinity.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra - When being tough isn't enough, they make you look good too.

Nancy said...

Okay, here's mine:

"Money can't buy you love...unless it's a pair of Magnum Work Pro Ultra Boots."

(I know you can't wish me luck, but wish me luck.)

:)

Bryan A. said...

I'm more of a Magnum tactical footwear guy (I've bought two pairs a year for more than 15 years, going back to the Hi-Tec days), but I might actually just get me a pair of these after reading this review . . . if I don't win one!

These look like something my old-school construction-worker dad would wear, but with 21st-Century footwear technology under the surface, so here's my entry:

"Magnum Work Pro Ultra: Classic quality in hard-core boot technology."

Alan Parsons said...

My feet say they need these...and feet don't lie. Magnum Work Pro Ultra

Doug said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra, built to outlast your toughest job!

Charles said...

"These boots work hard because you have to work hard too."

Brian King said...

Entry for Kenneth Fechtler:

Tough Jobs Tough Boots Easy on your Feet

Brian King said...

Entries for Ben Tedrick:

When all's been said and done Magnum boots are the one.

You can talk the talk but walk the walk in Magnum boots.

The best Life lessons are learned outdoors, be prepared with Magnum boots.

Long trail ahead? no problem, Magnum boots will get you there.

Put some sole on me brother! Get me some Magnum boots!

Huntin', fishin', workin' tough,  Magnum Boots.

Dry, wet, hot or cold Magnum boots got the sole.

For the soul of the outdoorsmen the sole of Magnum boots.

One tough boot, Magnum

For the adventurous soul Magnum boots.

Tuff soles for tuff souls, Magnum boots

Tough Souls stand in our boots.  Magnum boots

Toughness is built into every sole.

Magnum boots.. A step in the right direction..

Texan said...

Kick it, talk it, walk it, for sure wear it...Magnum Boots.

Anonymous said...

Magnum...do we need to say more

Carole M. said...

Well I'm in Australia but thought up a catchy line for Magnum; can't resist sending it along.

If it happened with sheer luck I won; I vow here for Magnum to direct post them to a U.S. resident of my choice through random-number-generator (a blog pay-it-forward post for me!)

OK here it is:


Slip into a Magnum boot; the ultimate work-horse for your soul.

buckeye614 said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra the only boots that works hard as you do

Brian King said...

Entry for Michael Anderson"

Magnum work pro ultra boots: comfort, style and durability "if your going to wear magnum prepare to go big or go home.

victormcinos said...

For work and walk.Maximun confort

Anonymous said...

Magnum Work Pro Ultra Boots are Cowboy Tough!

Gail said...

Comfortable, strong, hardworking...like the people who choose to wear them.

rhenrichs said...

"Real Men Don't Need Laces" - it's early.

Brian King said...

Entry for Brian Gibson:

Magnum Pro Ultras: Real work boots for the real working man. Any questions?

Brian King said...

Entry for Alan Paret:

Magnum Work Pro Ultra Boots: Boots for Workin', Boots for Livin'

Brian King said...

Entry for Jarred Fox:

you go brown you never go back

Brian King said...

Entry for D Ferrara:

Work Pro Ultra:

Tried. Tested. Trusted.

Dawn said...

Well first of all...that is one awesome review. I WANT a pair!!!!! And really, I do believe they would become my most loved-and worn pair of shoes in my closet! They look amazing.
Secondly....I am packing to move to the states for a bit so I can enter ;)
Nice work here Brian:)

Brian King said...

Entry for Jared Miller:

“Where function meets… function. Good looks are just a bonus.”

Brian King said...

Entry for Vestacaro:

YEEHAW! Gimme them Boots!!!

Brian King said...

Entry for Jarred Fox:

Get your work boots today

SoleAdventure.com said...

"Magnum's Work Pro Ultra - Getting the job done has never felt so good."

"Magnum's Work Pro Ultra - Working so hard has never felt so easy."

TRFD449 said...

Ladies love men who wear Magnums

Jamie said...

The boots that stay ready for work when your not working.
TOUGH. DEPENDABLE. MAGNUM.

Diane said...

My husband would love these boots!! Between his work and all the other things does on the outside of work these would be perfect!! Tweeting @saraminda

The Village Queen said...

Magnum Boots: Take a licking and keep kicking.

Brian King said...

Entry from Jarred Fox:

GET YOUR LAWN BOOTS NOW WHILE THEY ARE GOING

Anonymous said...

Magnum Boots: It's a blue collar thing.

It's tough work. You might as well be comfortable.

With leather like this, the cows will be jealous.

Magnum Work Pro Ultras: not for the office jockey.

Arizona Wanderings said...

When I die, bury me with my Magnum boots on...

Brian King said...

Entry for Randy Strauss:

Magnum Work Pro Ultra Boots:  Give your tired dogs the boot.

Brian King said...

Entry for Donald Stanton:

"AS for me and my feet we will wear Only Magnums"

Brian King said...

Entry for Steve Smith:

Magnum - Rugged as the Terrain, Dependable as the Sun, Comfortable as Walking Barefoot

Brian King said...

Entry for Brent Wertanen:

"Weather its work site, hunting camp, or the open road. These boots fit the bill"

bobsyouruncle said...

When there's work to be done, Magnum's Work Pro Ultra has got your feet.

Jamie said...

You call it work, Magnum's Work Pro Ultra boots calls it play time.

SecretMan said...

It's been said, pull up your boot straps....it never said tie them.

Brian King said...

Entry for Ralph Johnson:

Magnum Work pro Ultra Boots, a new caliber of work boot.
 
Magnum WPUs hard working to keep you working

Brian King said...

Entry for Alex DiBenedetto:

Finally, When all else fails become one with adventure and survive
Magnum work boots. Lets move out

Deb said...

Hard working men and women need hard working boots...Magnum does the job

jconway said...

"You don't take time off while working...your boots shouldn't either...Magnum"

h. mcnaron said...

Magnum has muscle. So do you.

frankie said...

From working like an outlaw, to dinner with the in-laws. The new Magnum Work boot.

Brian King said...

Entry for dpnyg80:

You rest they dont

Brian King said...

Entry for Patrick:

Be a Work Pro, get comfortable.

Mikey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikey said...

Don't worry we got your feet covered.

You may fall off a roof, but these boots are staying put.

bullsandbeavers said...

Magnum Boots are Built for the Battlefield but Made for the Outdoor Sportsman

Empath Outdoors said...

Magnum Work pro Ultra Boots, Re- Taming the workforce!